Skip Road Permit


Category: Tag:


You will need a skip road permit if you want to keep the skip on the public road, if you add a skip to the basket you will be given a option to add a permit purchase or click add to cart now and add a skip.

In most areas, skip hire companies are responsible for getting skip licences, also sometimes called skip permits. In some areas you’ll need to do it yourself.

You need a licence for:

  • skips
  • hippobags and other skip bags


You can’t put a skip on the pavement. You don’t need a skip licence if you’re putting the skip entirely on private land.

You may need to put safety lights and markings on or around the skip. This could include:

  • reflective markings
  • traffic cones
  • night-time safety lamps
  • the name and telephone number of the skip hire company

Contact your local council to find exact rules for lights and markings in your area.

Fines and penalties

If you don’t put up the required safety lights and markings, you could be fined up to £1,000.


There are no reviews yet.

Be the first to review “Skip Road Permit”

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.